Bonbons Saint-Jean


Today was Saint-Jean Baptiste day here in Quebec. It is the national holiday celebrating Quebec as a beautiful nation. We celebrated in the rain, and under the gloomy sky with great friends. Today the goal was to have fun with my little girl while we made chocolates. We still had a couple of accidents, but she helped me with most of it! 

 F U N D A B B L E R   F A C T  

Quebec is a French speaking province in Canada. Most people think Canada is bilingual (including myself before I came here) but NO! HAH! You really just live in French only here in Quebec, which is what makes it so charming. 


 W H A T   W E  D I D 


Make your cake balls (see the Queen's recipe (Bakerella) for best results!)



My problem was that I was making this in a 1 hour limit (we were suppose to be at our friend's house for lunch at 11:30, and it was already 10:30 AAA!!!)
So rushing I put too much frosting in my mix, making it too soft so I franticly looked around and found my Oreo mix.. YAY! Thank you Oreo you saved my day. 



Made our chocolate. I used blue and white, Quebec's colors. 



I used powder for the first time. It was pretty good!





Mixed some crisco so it coats well while the chocolate was warm, mixed it in. 
Coat, decorate, add sprinkles because it is always better with sprinkles! 





Voilà, our little favour for our friends to celebrate with some sweets! :) 
We also made some Fleur de Lis (the symbol on the Quebec Flag).

 









BONNE SAINT-JEAN TOUT LE MONDE!





Comments

  1. What?! Who DOES that within an hour?! Those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rach! Let's just say I strategically chose the photos I posted ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts