Goat Cheese Pear and Prosciutto Sachets





So I got this idea from my fabulous super organized super mom/wife/teacher friend Ms. E. I had a "bite size" party one evening last March and she brought these bites of DELISH! Pear slices wrapped in goat cheese and walnuts. Normally prosciutto we think "melon" I loved the pear! I had to make it. I'm normally not a prosciutto fan, but I think I ate like 12 of those things that night! That was my dinner that night and breakfast the next day. (She was kind enough to leave them for me :D ) So I just revamped it to make it mini and of course used my fabulous chives to tie them together. 

 F U N D A B B L E R   F A C T 
"In addition to protecting hams from spoilage as they mature, salt contributes to their appearance and texture. High salt concentrations cause the normally tightly bunched protein filaments in the muscle cells to separate into individual filaments, which are too small to scatter light: so the normally opaque muscle tissue becomes translucent. The same unbunching also weakens the muscle fibers, while at the same time dehydration makes the tissue denser and more concentrated: hence the close but tender texture" - Harold McGee "On Food and Cooking the Science and lore of the Kitchen"  

 I N G R E D I E T N S 

Goat cheese - 125 grams
Walnuts - 1 big handful
25 slices of prosciutto
25 chives
25 pear balls (about 3 medium sized RIPE pears peeled)


Takes about 30 min
Serves about 25 sachets

 I N S T R U C T I O N S 

Finely chop your walnuts and mix with your soft goat cheese.



Use a small melon baller (mine had a diameter of 3/4 of an inch) to ball out your RIPE pears (either plan ahead or get 
them already ripe at the store) I add a bit of lemon juice so the pears brown less.



Spread on thin square slice of prosciutto 



Place pear ball on top of thin goat cheese/walnut paste

Gently bring together prosciutto together to form a sachet, tie with chives and serve




Comments

Popular Posts