Grilled Bell Pepper Soup


In Arizona, we have Roasted bell pepper soup at most local grocery stores, organic  and all! This was something I made to quench a craving. I really liked it and served it as a side in my wine party as well. 

Serves 4-6
Takes about 30 min to make


 F  U N D A B B L E R   F A C T 

Corn tortillas are a fantastic alternative to the flour tortilla. Not only is it a whole grain but it is much lower in sodium, fat, and calories! Also gluten Free! :) 


 I N G R E D I E N T S 

Marinated bell peppers - 5
Potatoes - 4 small (very small) about 1 large.
Tomato paste - 1 small
Onions - 1 medium
Smoked sweet paprika powder - 1 teaspoon 
Garlic - 4 cloves
Cream - 1 cup
Broth of choice - 2 cups (I used vegetable)
Coriander - 1 teaspoon
salt and pepper to taste


Serves about 6
Takes about 20-30 min to make


 F O R   T H E   T O R T I L L A   S T R I P S 
Corn Tortillas - about 5
Enough vegetable oil in a pan that you are frying so that your tortilla strips are 1/2 submerged.

 I N   T H E   S O U P   A F T E R   S E R V I N G  
Fresh avocado chopped about 1 heaping table spoon each serving
Grated Cheese

 O N   T H E   V E R Y   T O P 
Coriander sour cream - a dollop 

For 500 ml of sour cream add 1 tablespoon of ground coriander salt and pepper.


 I N S T R U C T I O N S 

Cut and fry your onions and garlic


Chop and fry your potatoes until transparent.



Add your spices, the paprika salt and pepper and ground coriander. Give it a little stir to awaken the aromas.



Add your broth


And marinated grilled bell peppers


Add your tomato paste



Allow to boil a bit then purée



Add your cup of cream and mix make sure it does not boil just keep it warm.

For your Corn Tortilla Strips

Cut your strips, add oil to a pan and fry until almost golden. The hot oil will still cook the strips once you take them out. Set on a paper towel and immediately add a bunch of salt. OR just purchase them depending on where you live they are usually readily available.  





When served, add a tablespoon of avocado chopped, some grated cheddar cheese (It's ok if those two sink, that is even better, just remind your guests, or those eating to mix then eat) then add your coriander sour cream mixture and finally your thin tortilla strips! YUMY! 



 N O T E  I find this soup very rich so it is a side soup perhaps a half a cup portion or 1 cup portion at a time. 

Comments

Popular Posts