Happy Fourth of July!



We celebrated St. Jean, Canada day and of course the 4th of July! Ours turned out fabulously with great friends that are always ready come over and hang out. The kids played in our 3 mini blow up pools in the terrace, my husband made hot dogs, and we had beer in cans (here beer is in glass bottles) in honour of the US. 

 F U N D A B B L E R   F A C T 

According to my tour guide at the chocolate factory in Mendoza, Argentina (and you thought Mendoza only had wine! HAH!) White chocolate does not contain any chocolate at all! It is made of cocoa butter and not the bean itself. Still yummy!


Someone brought over a GIGANTIC Budweiser beer can. I still have it in the fridge. You can see it next to the milk carton just to give you an idea of the size! JUST GREAT!





I took a stab at Glorious' cake.  I broke the top layer when placing it on the other perfect layers. Needless to say I was sad. Did lots of self talk to calm myself down and remind myself it's just a cake and it is still yummy (which it was). 

So from the outside it was hideous but from the inside... IT WORKED!



I ended up using 2 box white cakes and  2 of the following white cake recipe. Of course added food coloring. The white recipe I used was inspired from Canada's food Network White Chocolate Berry Wedding Cake. I altered it so my version is below.

I made Cake Pops with my left over cake from the cuttings. I put them in the freezer until I think of what to do with them. Great to have handy!


Made some Red White and Blue popsicles for everyone to keep us cool. 




RED: Sour Cherry Juice
WHITE: Vanilla yogurt 
BLUE: Blue Gatorade/Powerade
Mini Disposable cup
Wooden BBQ Skewers cut in 4 (because I made these at 2 am and I didn't have popsicle sticks)

And of course some snacks to contribute to our colorful potluck







WHITE CAKE 

Preheat oven to 325 F
Makes one 9 inch baking pan cake 
or
One thin 15 inch cookie sheet type pan


 I N G R E D I E N T S 

Unsalted butter -  2/3 cup, at room temperature
Milk - 1 1/4 cups at room temperature
Sour Cream - 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract - 2 teaspoons
Sugar -  1  cup 
Baking soda - 1/3 teaspoon
All purpose flour - 2 1/4 cups
White Chocolate - 4 oz melted
Eggs Whites-  4, at room temperature (make cookies with your egg yolks)


 I N S T R U C T I O N S 

Mix your dry ingredients

Melt your chocolate and mix with everything BUT eggs. 

Add dry ingredients to wet and stir. 

Finally, add your eggs and stir. Add your color if you wish. Pour in greased pan (I always use oil, it burns less easily)

Bake for about 30 min for the 9 inch pan. You can always check readiness of the cake by inserting a toothpick and if it comes out clean, your cake is ready! :) YAY!

Enjoy!

Hope your 4th of July is safe and happy too!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts