Tangy Kale Salad - Tru Foods Inspired



This is a recipe I copy cat-ed from True Foods  in Scottsdale, Arizona. I fell in LOVE with this restaurant. It was fabulous and I loved EVERY thing I got from the menu. My favourite part was the side of kale salad and sweet potatoes! I had a fabulous Turkey burger, veggie pizza, my hubby had the bison burger, I had the tempura wrap, my mom had the curry salad. The juices are fab too. Nice to have an alternative to soda. The concept of the rest is local, organic, and healthy! FABULOUS! So refreshing to sit and eat something that I would make at home. I loved having that while visiting. I felt so guilt free when my daughter ate her lunch. We had a blast. Seriously!

 


Side note: This is located in the Scottsdale Quarters plaza that is just across from Kirland Commons. Fabulous area. We had play time in the water spot right in front of the rest. Incentives to finish and play. :) No but absolutely beautiful. If in the area, do check out not only the resto, but the water play area. 

FUNDABBLER FACT

Fabulous things about this recipe: the kale, of course is great for detoxing, fibber, folic acid. The Parmesan, is one of the highest protein cheeses.  The olive oil, raw, gives it great omega 3 fatty acids. The raw garlic fabulous for the heart and the list goes on. Not only delectable, but fabulous for the body! 

FUNDABBLER FACT II

True Food is based on Dr. Andrew Weil's anti-inflammatory diet and food pyramid. where antioxidants are the star!


Takes about 20 min to make
Serves 4-6 people

The original recipe is found here



I liked it more as follows:
Kale  - 1 bunch (about 4 heaping cups once chopped, 6ish branches) cut into strips (chiffonade)
Lemons - 3 juiced (or 2 REAL juicy ones)
Crushed Red Pepper - 1 tablespoon
Parmesan Cheese - 1/2 cup - 2/3 cup,  grated (I used a HUGE handful)
Bread Crumbs - I used 4 small slices of breads made into crumbs. If using ready made about .5 cup
Walnuts (raw) - about 1 handful
Olive Oil - 1/2 cup 
Black pepper - I used about 2/3 tablespoon freshly crushed
Fresh garlic clove crushed - 2 



INSTRUCTIONS

Wash and cut your kale into thick chiffonades.



Grate and add your Parmesan



make or use ready made bread crumbs




grind or crush your walnuts



add in your crushed red peppers



Juice your lemon



add your olive oil to the juice.



Crush your garlic or mini microphone it and add to your dressing mix



Salt and pepper to taste



Mix and ENJOY!

Comments

Popular Posts