St. Jean Baptiste Cookies


So this year I made some cookies to share with friends and my hubby's co-workers. I thought I would share some unexpected photos. 




Of course there are these pretty photos of the results. 


However there are a few things that went wrong, that I thought why not share!? The uglier side! 


 The mess!



This idea I had at about 1 am was not the greatest idea. I had made frosting and thought I had another big bag of powdered sugar to make a blue batch. Not such a thing. The cookies were for the next day and nowhere is open here at that time. Such a mess. I ended up having to do something different. Paint on the cookies with blue food coloring. It took forever to dry, and was not a great idea.

 So Don't do that! :D 




At about 1 am I made a stencil. It was not that bad. I think it would have been better with frosting. But still a useful tool I have kept for later use. 




This also was a horrific trial. So I only made 2 of each.


Regardless, it was a fun experience and the cookies were still yummy! 




Enjoy and Bonne St. Jean! 

Comments

Popular Posts